3D movie claims first casualty -

The high tech 3D flick Avatar is officially responsible for the death of a bloke in Taiwan.

The 42-year-old apparently snuffed it after a stroke, which his quacks think was triggered by watching  the blockbuster Avatar in 3D.

Authorities have only identified the man by his surname Kuo.  He started feeling sick during the screening and was taken to hospital in the northern city of Hsinchu.

By the time he got to the hospital he was unconscious and his brain was haemorrhaging.  He died 11 days later.

Doctor Peng Chin-chih said the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms.

China Times newspaper said it was the first death linked to watching James Cameron's science-fiction epic Avatar.  Other news sources have complained that the 3D technology causes headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurry eyesight.

We don't think it has anything to do with the technology. We had the same symptoms when we saw Cameron's Titanic but that might have had something to with the combination of Celine Dion, Leonardo DiCaprio, and several pints of Old Bastard.