Samsung Galaxy S4 threatens childrens’ lives -

A woman said that her Samsung Galaxy S4 exploded and that caused her pram to catch fire.

According to local newspaper the Oxford Mail, Laura Head, from Wantage, was wheeling the pram with her two twin boys when the smartphone went off with a bang.

She said that when the phone exploded, she managed to get her children out of the pram sharpish.  She had bought the Samsung Galaxy S4 from Vodafone in June this year, the newspaper reported.

A Samsung spinner told the newspaper it “will advise the customer further”.  Many people carry their smartphones in their top shirt pockets which is probably not a great idea unless you wear asbestos shirts which are not very comfortable.

Samsung told TechEye: “Once we have gotten hold of the product in question, we will conduct a thorough examination to determine the exact cause of this incident. We would like to assure our customers that we have always employed strict quality control and safety standards to ensure a safe and pleasant user experience.”