When you're told in the cinema to make sure your mobile is switched off it's not the biggest deal. But some situations call for tact and a buzzing phone isn't the best.
Like when, at a funeral in Brighton - where else? - in a church packed full of mourners, an attendee was horrified to find their phone was blasting "Stayin' Alive" by popular disco inferno, the Bee Gees.
The grief-stricken crowd was caught off guard, but then again no-one had been reminded to switch off by Reverend Martin Morgan.
He reportedly said: “It took a while before people realised what the song was and then fortunately most people found it quite funny. The culprit looked very embarrassed. I think they probably looked in the other direction and tried to pretend it wasn’t them. That’s what people usually do.”
In the spirit of the day, here's TechEye's top 50 inappropriate funeral songs.
1. Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
2. Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
3. P.O.D. - Alive
4. Berlin - Take My Breath Away
5. No Doubt - Six Feet Underground
6. Cutting Crew - Died In Your Arms Tonight
7. Simple Minds - Alive and Kicking
8. Jamiroquai - Deeper Underground
9. Madonna - Die Another Day
10. The Beatles - I Don't Want to See You Again
11. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
12. 5000 Volts - I'm On Fire
13. Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life
14. Billy Idol - Buried Alive
15. Celine Dion - I'm Alive
16. Guns N Roses - Dust n Bones
17. The Jam - Going Underground
18. Basshunter - Now You're Gone
19. Cranberries - Zombie
20. Faith No More - Surprise! You're Dead!
21. David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
22. Toni Braxton - Breathe Again
23. Misfits - Die, Die, My Darling
24. The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
25. Joss Stone - Super Duper Love (Are You Digging On Me)
26. Elvis Presley - Return to Sender
27. House of Pain - Jump Around
28. Fall Out Boy - Dead on Arrival
29. Oasis - Going Nowhere
30. Boom Town Rats - Ghost Town
31. Blue Oyster Cult - Don't fear the reaper
32. The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell & Back
33. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
34. Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
35. 2 Live Crew - F*ck Shop
36. LMC - Take me to the Clouds Above
37. Ronan Keating - If Tomorrow Never Comes
38. My Chemical Romance - Dead!
39. Korn - Dead Bodies Everywhere
40. Pink Floyd - Breathe
41. The Black Angels - Young Men Dead
42. Chris Rea - Road to Hell
43. Visceral Evisceration - (i Am) Enamoured Of Dead Bodies
44. Burial - Near Dark
45. Ash - Burn Baby Burn
46. N Sync - Bye Bye Bye
47. Ricky Martin - Living la Vida Loca
48. The Who - Tommy Can You Hear Me?
49. The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye
50. Eamon - F*ck It (I Don't Want You Back)